Archive for May, 2012
- 1 pound penne or any short pasta
- 2 bunches of broccoli cut into florets
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 lb. of Italian sausage (sweet or hot), casings removed
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- Parmesan, grated, for serving
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. In last 3 minutes of cooking, add broccoli and cook until bright green and crisp-tender. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta and broccoli.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, make the vinaigrette: whisk together oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, anchovies, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Add sausage to pot and cook over medium-high, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, return pasta, broccoli to skillet and add vinaigrette.
Toss well to combine, adding enough pasta water to create a thin sauce that coats pasta. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan.