- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 ounces sugar
- One 8-ounce container mascarpone
- 1 1/2 cups roughly crumbled amaretti cookies
- 1 shot brandy
- Cocoa powder
- Shaved dark chocolate, for garnish
- Fresh seasonal berries, for garnish
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Mix the egg yolks with half the sugar until you obtain a creamy light mixture. Work the mascarpone in a separate bowl using a wooden spoon, making sure you eliminate any lumps, then add to the eggs and continue to mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the egg whites with a pinch of salt and the remaining sugar until they reach a somewhat firm peak, and then fold them into the mascarpone.
- Add the cookies to a medium bowl and stir in the brandy (just until moistened, you don’t want them soggy). Add a dash of cocoa powder. Divide the cookie crumbles into the bottom of 6 glasses.
- Add the mascarpone cream to a pastry bag and pipe the cream into each glass. Top with a sprinkle of cocoa powder and shaved dark chocolate. Garnish with a few berries and a sprig of mint.